Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
JUSTIFICATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The increasing desire to effectively deliver results to clients requires that, managers develop capacity for identifying indicators for key result areas that contribute to the success of their organizations. The course provides an understanding of HRM concepts, methods and techniques with particular focus on HRM functions as business partners in strategic decision making process and implementation.The programme is a two semester post graduate and post experience training programme that aims at delivering advanced professional knowledge and skills necessary for efficient and effective management of human resource in public, private and NGO sectors. This course is designed for people who are working or intend to work in any area of management, with a particular interest in human resources. It covers the compulsory knowledge base of essential human resource management units and integrates theoretical concepts, and examples of human resource management in practice. It also emphasizes the strategic role of human resources and their contribution to organizational performance and examines key elements of human resource management.
Objectives of the Programme
The Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management aims to produce graduates who will:
(a) be critical and creative personnel who:
– produce innovative solutions to problems
– apply research skills to business challenges
– communicate effectively and perceptively
(b) be responsible and effective global citizens who:
– Have a comprehensive understanding of the role of HRM in developing sustainable competitive advantage especially in executing strategies and facilitating the process of change/organizational transformation in the global context.
– Are equipped top and middle level managers with the required managerial skills.
– Can apply in-depth knowledge of effective HRM concepts, methods and techniques and participate in decision making.
– have skills to effectively implement all HR functions in organizational management and demonstrate ethical values.
(c) have a comprehensive understanding of human resource discipline and are able to provide HRM discipline based solutions relevant to the business, profession and public policy in communities we serve.
(d) Graduates of this programme will have the opportunity for further study at Masters level by research only. All functions of HRM such as human resource planning, recruitment and placement, job evaluation and reward management, training and development, are discussed from strategic and technical perspective.
This programme targets:
Top, middle level and line managers in public, private and NGO sectors;
Human resource development trainers; and Head of Human Resource Management departments and training managers in corporate entities.
– A university degree from a recognized University.
– Possession of appropriate professional qualifications.eg ACCA, CPA, CIPS, CIMA, CIMA,
– International students who have graduated from a recognized University.